Saturday 31 August 2013

Clouds and Sunsets!!




So far this year I haven't really had time to post much ...ok I haven't actually done ANY posting! Needless to say I have been very busy ...yawn! (I know we are all busy!) but I have found time to take random pictures of clouds! and sunsets! and sunrises! and things of that nature! I love looking at clouds it relaxes me I find myself 90% of the time staring out of windows (yes I know, psychologists would have a lot to say about this ...and yes maybe I do want to escape from my life but that's not the point) I find it therapeutic to look at beautiful things and nature just seems to have loads of that in abundance.

So what's my obsessions with clouds? I just love the fact that no two clouds are ever the same and you can spend absolutely ages looking at the same cloud and discover something new and interesting, there is just so much depth and its just never boring! So I love clouds! I take pics of cloods all the time, particularly when I have loads of work to do and I am finding ways to procrastinate (hahah...very bad habit) but then they just end up on my phone and my friends and family are sick to death of my sending them random pictures of clouds! (no they really are! they don't even bother to comment on how great the pics are anymore, i guess they don't want to feed my habit) I needed an outlet, I thought and dreamt big!

A website with nothing but pictures of clouds! www.clouds.com, this is great, I can connect with the other random people out  there that love clouds, we could create like a clouds collage of clouds from all over the world! alas it wasn't to be, www.clouds.com was already taken and not for nature related clouds but cloud in the IT sense. I also discovered that there was already a cloud appreciation society -www.cloudappreciationsociety.com it a great website lots of like minded cloud chasers like me, am really feeling at home, I didn't realise there were so many others like me! even more advanced in the clouds game than me, who knew that the different types of clouds each had their own proper names and stuff? still it seems everyone had beat me to the punch but then I thought about it and realised what I wanted to offer was way different, I still had a great idea on my hands, the cloud appreciation society is very comprehensive and detailed but that was the point! there was too much information, it didn't really lend itself to people (like me and maybe others out there??) who just wanted to view uninterrupted pictures of clouds, no words just clouds and just immerse yourself in the beauty of pictures of just clouds..sunsets...sunrises and things of that nature.

So yep you guessed it! I set up a tumblr account for just that purpose ...just clouds..sunsets...sunrises and things of that nature no words or rather texts to get in the way. And whilst I don't claim that to have the best or most inspiring pictures of clouds, I do have a nice little collection from over the last couple of years so, if you were ever looking for a place to lose your head in the clouds then feel free to stop by http://cloudsandsunsets.tumblr.com/ I would certainly love to connect with other cloudchasers!

Best Wishes

Ps. this blog is definitely not dead yet, I hope to start posting more regularly in the coming months (October onwards) when things have died down a little and of course you can always catch me looking out the window and taking pictures of random clouds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment