Thursday 19 July 2012

Recap on my photoshop drama

Just a quick recap on my "photoshop drama", following on from this my first two posts on this blog after back to back "photoshopping" I took a long two week break to calm my nerves and return to sanity. It was one of the best things I ever did. I came back more positive and with more realisltic expectations for my blog.

Firstly, I realised that I really couldn't possibly put all the things I wanted on any one blog- it would be too much and would completely distract the reader from the content with is basically the most impotant bit. Secondly, to be honest my photoshop/css/html skills are really not that great (right now, but watch this space) anyway to carry out all my mind's wish. So I decided to call a truce with myself and to create a functioning blog that I could work with and actually start "blogging" and if in a couple of months I felt like a change then I could always have a blog make over. Hopefully by then my photoshop/css/html skills will a lot more than they are now and it would be less of a headache to redo things.

So far so good, I made my header and background (curtsey of Summer Driggs's kits) and managed to put them in the right places-whew! I am still tinkering around with little things but am pacing myself and focusing on what really matter for now- the content. 

This blog is just in it's infancy, and I am not really sure what it's going to look like at the end but I like the direction its flowing right now and for a novice that just came into this less than a month ago, i've done a pretty good job- I think. I like what I see (yep! everything you see on here now has been created by me, not bad for a newbie right?)  and am proud to call this my blog -yaay!.

and here's to better things in the future...



No comments:

Post a Comment