Tuesday 19 June 2012

A painful lesson to learn

After a high comes a low. Being a beginner and all in Photoshop I obviously did not realise that once the created image is "flatten" and all the layers are merged into one, there is no going back in terms of re-editing the image. what a painful lesson to learn and a very painful way to learn it. smdh

There I was going my merry way, creating different images and flattening them before I saved because quite frankly - I thought that was what I was supposed to do! I knew I would probably have to re-edit  these images again but I didn't know that was no longer possible after I flattened them. Only for me to come back to Photoshop, reopen the images and realise I couldnt seperate them back into  layers. Naturally, I thought it was something I hadn't done-some magical undo button I had yet to discover. I searched and searched and even my trusty google couldn't find any solutions. 

I finally figured out the error of my ways and how truly evil the flatten button was-it should have come with a warning (use with caution please!). All my images I would have to create from scratch! as brilliant as they are they aren't quite right, some adjustments are needed along with some patience to actually sit there and redo everything all over again. Maybe I'ld just do something different because I never really was the patient type anyway.

Till next time -Sayonara

No comments:

Post a Comment